North Africa Research Group,
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences,
University of Manchester,
Manchester M13 9PL.
Grid Reference: SJ 84636 96680
Co-ordinates: 53.466634N 2.2329004W
Nearest Post Code: M13 9PY
University and car parking spaces are convenient and safe.
Paid public parking is available:
For the Williamson Building
- Car Park B: Aquatics Car Park, Booth Street East, Manchester M13 9SS
- Car Park G: Dover Street Car Park, Rumford Street, Manchester M13 9GB
Principal car parks are denoted with a blue "P" icon on the Campus map (PDF).
If you have an appointment with a member of staff they may be able to provide you with a parking permit for the day.
Travel to meetings, lectures, seminars or conferences conveniently and sustainably via one of the university schemes and services:
- Shuttle bus - There are regular shuttle buses to pick up and drop off students at various points around the campus. These are also highlighted on the Campus map (PDF).
- By bike - Bike racks are available outside the main entrances to all of our buildings.
- By foot – Use online tools such as Walkit or GPS Routes to plan the quickest route.
- Car share – A designated Greater Manchester private group has been established with members from Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Manchester, Central NHS Trust and Royal Northern College of Music.
The Manchester Conference Centre & Hotel is on Sackville Street, at the heart of the North Campus and close to the Ferranti Building.
See the Visit Manchester Interactive Map to locate other nearby accommodation.